Monday 23 November 2015

I'm Going on an Adventure

For a while now I've had a bit of a secret that I've been desperate to share, but I've been biding my time whilst I've got my head around it. However, I've decided that I can now finally tell you my exciting news! Drum roll please....
I'm off to Austria!

Yes, in a week I shall be running away to the mountains to ski and play in the snowy resort of St. Anton. "Well, that's hardly big news", I hear you say. Au contraire, mon ami. This is no holiday... as such. I will be donning an apron and some rubber gloves to live the glamorous lifestyle of a chalet host for 5 months (for those who have seen it, imagine Chalet Girl, though without Ed Westwick). There will be cleaning, tidying, washing, more cleaning, more tidying, and, of course, lots and lots of skiing. 

So, why exactly am I doing this? I will be away from my family for my birthday, for Christmas, for New Years... I am leaving behind a job, my friends, my family, my boyfriend... For what? Well, simple answer, how could I not? If you get offered an opportunity to do something you love for 5 months, in a beautiful country you've never been to before, all whilst making a bit of money on the side, you can't exactly say no, right? It's not going to be easy, and there will probably be times where I will question myself, but I'm always up for a challenge.

Whilst I will try as much as I can to keep posting on my blog while I'm out there, I apologise in advance if my posts become a little sporadic (more so than they are already!). However, what you can expect of my future blog posts is something a little bit different. An in-sight into my Austrian adventures, if you will. Lots of photos of snow, skis, hot chocolate, more snow. I hope you're as excited as I am!

As this is going to be a pretty big change in my life, I thought it was rather fitting to share some old photos I found from my family ski holidays...

Anyone else think I need to find myself a yellow skisuit? Perfect "then and now" photo opportunity right there!
See those legs sticking out at the bottom of this photo? A few seconds later I crashed right into them. Hopefully my tobogganing skills have gotten a bit better over the years!

I hope you will stick around for my Austrian adventures, and look forward to a slight dusting of snow over here on my blog! Time to start packing those bags...

Have you ever been to Austria?

Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment